Friday, May 1, 2015

Promoting Growth Mindsets in Teaching

Thanks to mindsets, students hold about their intellectual ability can have a significant impact on their motivation and success in school. Also, their intelligence may improve and their effort is affected in a positive manner. This also increases their challenges in order to learn more.
My name in Calligrraphy style ( It is not exact style )
In my primary school years, I had a teacher who promoted growth mindsetes in teaching. He always created a challenge in class environment and after that he gave us a feedback about this challenge.Also, we always debate each other. Teacher gave us two topics such as: "Who knows better; traveller or reader?" My teacher also rewarded and praised us who are better in class in that day. The one who is succesful, our teacher wrote our names in paper with Calligraphy style. It seems now simple thing but we would be so happy when we got that. This experience increased my grades because it gave me more confident and I believed that If I comprehend more, I will be more succesful. That's how I motivate myself. Thanks to these, I believe I grow my intelligence.OF COURSE THANKS TO MY TEACHER! :)

6 comments:

  1. Dear Duygu, so you were one of the lucky students! But I am doubt about your teacher's approach to reward and praise you according to your success. Because according to Dweck, teachers should praise students for the hard work and the process they have engaged in. Maybe I misunderstood what you mean.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By saying being better, I mean being industrious. Thus, students who work hard and complete all their duties got reward or praise. I hope it is clear.
    Thank you, Dilan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Duygu, as you said ,rewarding effected your success in positive way thanks to the your teacher .He or she effected your mindset by pushing your thinking while debating and presenting topic and talking on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Duygu, you were so lucky. Every teacher is not like your teacher. His style of rewarding was really encourging. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your comments, İrem and Anıl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Duygu, well i really liked your teacher rewarding style , Im agree with my friends you were so lucky to have that kind of a teacher, I hope you will be a better teacher in the future !

    ReplyDelete